Saturday, August 18

Time to push play...

...I've been on pause too many days.

I am not used to life being on PAUSE and it definitely has been for the last week or so. I've been working a little bit, but I keep taking it easy because I think Jack is on his way anytime I don't feel the greatest.

I've been avoiding public places because I'm afraid of my water breaking. They say only 15% actually have an awkward story about that, but I didn't want to be that 15% statistic. Well, I think I don't care anymore and I'm going to venture out of the batman cave today. Josh is at our church work day and I have a few things I need to do at the office. I'm also going to hit Walmart. Yes, Walmart on a Saturday...I am feeling brave today!

In closing, I would like to share a very yummy banana bread recipe I found. I've got a bunch of rotten bananas thawing on my counter right now so I can make a few loaves later. Whenever my bananas get over ripe I throw them in the freezer for later usage. Works great. The recipe is from http://www.allrecipes.com/ for those interested. For those of you who go to Heritage...you should be able to sample some tomorrow at fellowship time. :)

*instead of writing out the recipe, you can click the title below and the website will let you print it in your desired size so it will fit in your recipe box (3x5, 4x6, etc).

BANANA BREAD IV

INGREDIENTS
4-5 very ripe bananas
4 eggs
1 cup shortening
2 1/2 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
(Add nuts if desired...walnuts are yummy!)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease 2 - 9x5 inch loaf pans. In a medium bowl, mash bananas and stir in the eggs until well blended. Set aside.
In large bowl, beat shortening and gradually add sugar. Stir in vanilla and banana mixture. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; blend into batter. Add walnuts if desired. Divide between the prepared pans.
Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.


NUTRITION INFORMATION
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 259
Total Fat: 9.7g
Cholesterol: 35mg
Sodium: 213mg
Total Carbs: 40.7g
Dietary Fiber: 1.1g
Protein: 3.2g
VIEW DETAILED NUTRITION
About: Nutrition Info
Powered by: ESHA Nutrient Database

1 comments:

Taryn and Danielle said...

Ginny, I went into labor two hours after a Wal-mart trip, so MAYBE the same will be for you :) Just do LOTS of walking around Wal-mart!!! I know you are anxious to meet your little guy and we look forward to hearing the big announcement :)

Shop our Amazon Affiliate Link

 

Logan Family Living Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design