Tuesday, August 21

Mission Aborted

I walked into the doctor's office today and Julie was standing there talking to a patient. Maybe she is working a shift at the hospital later? I have no idea, but I was not able to go ahead with my request to be sent to Walnut Creek since my main plug was to have Jack delivered by Julie.

Absolutely nothing has changed since last week. My doctor told me that outside of contractions starting I'm all ready to have the baby, but apparently Jack isn't ready to come just yet. They scheduled me for a non-stress test on Friday just to keep an eye on Jack to be sure he's doing okay in there. As long as he's okay, they will not induce me until....drum roll...

AUGUST 29TH!!!
Now they are very doubtful that he will wait that long to come, but they have tightened up on inducing people because people who get induced go from a 20% of a c-section to a 40% chance. That's a good reason to wait if you ask me!
My doctor said that she doubts I'll even make it to the stress test on Friday, but I can pretty much guarantee her I'll be there. :) I'm so glad that my parents were smart and didn't get their plane tickets to come out until the 4th. Jack could be just a few days old when they get here.

6 comments:

Jeremy and Amy said...

So sorry, Ginny! I know you have to be so tired of waiting! It's good they didn't induce, though. I've heard that when you are induced the labor is harder and more painful; so, maybe you're better off this way, especially because of the c-section thing. I hadn't heard that before.

Sheila said...

Hey ~ I can't imagine waiting!! Are you effaced and dialated at all.... I was for awhile and then they broke my water. They had to do that with both the kids, but the good news is it only took less than 2 hours for Aidan and about 1 hour for Tallula... I hope Jack is fast like that for you!! Hold on you have to be close (:

The Logans said...

100% effaced since last week and now I'm dilated to 3. The doctors shake their heads in wonder why he's not here yet. Any day they keep saying. I'll believe it when I see him. :) I hope to have quick deliveries like you Sheila!!

Gini Mincy said...

I'm "rootin'" for you, Ginny. I think Jack's going to be a very easy-going, happy little boy.

Unknown said...

I agree with Mrs. Mincy. He is a very content child already! He loves to snuggle and loves it right where he is. Hurry Jack...mama needs you OUT. :-) Val

Sue said...

Jack's just waiting for that whisper from you know Who!

Shop our Amazon Affiliate Link

 

Logan Family Living Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design