A great idea came to me yesterday. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow with my usual lady, Carol. She's pretty cool so I'm going to run my plan by her.
Here's the plan: The midwife, Julie, is a very nice lady that I have seen a few times when Carol's schedule is too full. She is the only one in the office that I know that delivers babies over in Walnut Creek. She told me at my last appointment that she is working at the hospital again on Tuesday. I never dreamed I could still be pregnant by her next shift, but we are one day away from Tuesday now. :) I'm going to ask (BEG) Carol at my appointment tomorrow if she is allowed to send me over to Walnut Creek to be induced if Julie has time.
At my last appointment with Julie she shared with me how her last shift was so slow and she was about ready to call people to come in. I laughed and told her she could have called me. I know they don't really call people in, but I'm willing to make a far fetch plea tomorrow to see if some strings can be pulled. :)
I'm actually okay if Jack doesn't come today because it's a new week with new bulletins that need to be done as well as the September nursery schedule. I also need to touch base with some people at school who are taking over my school jobs to make sure they know what's going on. I should stay plenty busy today.
Monday, August 20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds good but still expect the unexpected. Remember...I went in to have the twins July 5 only to lay there for 18 hours and have my water break 10 minutes into the NEXT DAY. It is great to have something to focus on though besides waiting! Keep it up. Besides, Jack's late, they may be happy to set you up. The philosophy changes on this all the time.
The wait is really hard, especially when you are really uncomfortable. I wouldn't push too hard to be induced though. I was a week overdue and was scheduled to be induced on a Mon.. Carson decided to come on his own though early Mon. morning. Carson ended up having a knot in the cord that caused his heart rate to drop with every contraction. If I had been induced, I would've had to have a C-section cause the contractions would've been too strong for him to handle. My advise is to let Jack come when he's ready, even though it's really tough to wait it out. God's timing is perfect. It won't hurt to ask your doctor though. I think all of us who have gone past our due dates have probably asked as well. I know I did. :o)
Post a Comment