Friday, February 27

My little Blondie

Jack most certainly looks just like his dad. However, he did get my hair color. We'll see if he stays blond forever. I love his dark brown eyes and blond hair.

Jack has a doctor's appointment on Monday and I will ask his pediatrician about his sleeping issues at that time, but I'm open to any advice my readers might have to offer as well. Jack was a picture perfect baby that slept through the night at 8 weeks, never fussy, etc. However, we are back to getting up almost every night with him. He goes to bed about 9:30 p.m. and wakes up about 12 or 1 screaming in hysterics. Typically a drink will settle him down and he will go back to bed, but most recently he will be up AGAIN an hour later. So, Josh gets up at 1 and I get up at 2 and then Jack will sleep from 2-8. We're sooooo tired though and I think Jack is as well. He takes a good 2-3 hour afternoon nap and can hardly stay awake past noon. Is it night terrors? Teething? Tummy ache? Itchy skin? Ears? I cannot figure it out and we are exhausted. I can't be having two babies getting up at night either...we've got to get this sleeping thing worked out before #2 arrives and preferably much sooner than that!

Suggestions already tried:
shorter nap (didn't make a difference)
sippy cup of water in his bed (won't drink it)
nightlight in his room (still wakes up)
letting him cry (he cries til he throws up and that only takes about 10 minutes)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ginny~~
I very much remember realizing that this sleep thing was something that kids don't come equipped with a knowledge of. So.....somehow.....you have to help him "learn" how to fall asleep on his own so that when he wakes up at night he can remember how to do that. Of course, the throwing up adds an interesting little twist. =) Happy times, as Val would say......

Sheila said...

oh good luck girl! Tallula is doing this same thing after she slept through.... I've tried a couple different things, but no luck so far

Shop our Amazon Affiliate Link

 

Logan Family Living Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design