Wednesday, February 11

Dreary day

It's a dreary day here in California, but we aren't buried under 30 ft. of snow so I'm okay with a non-sunny day here and there.  When my mom was here there was an article in the US Weekly that Grand Rapids, MI is one of the cloudiest cities.  I believe they only get 60 some sunny days for the whole year.  Ugh!
Jack is a big fan of doors and keys.  We returned from buying Valentine cards this morning and for the first time I was able to put Jack down and he walked to the door.  (Typically he runs to the street the second I let go of his hand or if I make him hold my hand he will lay on the ground in protest if I'm not walking the direction he prefers.)  I tricked him a bit by giving him the keys and coaxing him to the door.  (He did lay on the ground for a short moment until he realized he got to use the keys in the door.  *We're working on the jello legs when he isn't getting his way :)  

He's just tall enough to reach the lower lock on our security door so he unlocked the door for us too.  I had to be patient as his motor skills are still developing and putting a key in a lock is tough, but he did eventually get it done.  He's almost 30 lbs so it's getting a bit harder to carry him everywhere.
Once inside with the storm door locked, Jack will play in between the doors.  
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Wendy said...

Ah yes, the jello legs. Last week Emma started that same thing!

Shop our Amazon Affiliate Link

 

Logan Family Living Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design